Number of licenses: 1 PC
Runtime: Permanently valid
Language: All languages
Project and resource management in companies with Microsoft Project Professional 2019
- Project Professional in the 2019 version is a tool that takes over the entire range of project management. Project managers use this software to manage resources such as employees, time, and budget and keep an overview even with a large number of projects running simultaneously. In addition, projects can be almost unlimited in size: from small tasks to projects that span several years and are therefore of particular importance. Collaboration on projects of this type is possible either locally via the network or via the cloud, which saves small and large companies time and money while still being up-to-date on specific projects at all times.
- In order to keep track of a large number of different projects, Microsoft Project Professional 2019 comes with improved portfolio management. With this element of the program, decision-makers can immediately see which projects are currently going according to plan and where there is a need for improvement. You can keep an eye on schedules, and budget management provides an overview of monetary and human resources. This function makes it even easier to manage. The prioritization provides information on whether the most important projects are progressing as planned or whether the project manager should intervene. First aid through analysis functions and corresponding instructions are also available in portfolio management.
- In order to manage functions of this type in larger companies and via the cloud, synchronization with Project Online and Project Server is possible. Members of a team can thus immediately synchronize new entries in the project with other employees and are not dependent on manual work. In addition, Microsoft Project Professional 2019 users can integrate Skype for Business directly into the program. This allows text and video chats or checking attendance directly from the software, which also significantly simplifies project collaboration. Skype for Business, Project Server, and Project Online are not included and must be purchased separately.
- Finance departments in companies can calculate the payslips for team members on a task both project-related directly within the software and record other expenses. Employees also issue legally effective invoices in Microsoft Project Professional 2019 and record work done in timesheets that are available through templates. Thus, Project Professional 2019 is not just a tool for project management. The software also plays a role in budgeting and financing tasks of any kind, if desired. The possible integration of business intelligence software further simplifies this process.
- Users who have not previously come into contact with Microsoft Project Professional will experience the comprehensive functions of the program immediately – thanks to templates that are included with the software and that allow even complex projects to be created within a few minutes. These templates can be edited and saved for later use in other projects, so that when creating annual reports for the coming years, for example, no new start is necessary, just a simple change of the year. Most of the functions of the predecessor and well-known tools can also be found in the 2019 version, which makes it easier for experienced users to switch to the latest version.
- Microsoft is making this edition of Project Professional available to Windows 10 users only. Other operating systems are not supported. It is a full license without subscription costs, so it can also be used offline. Microsoft will provide Project Professional in the 2019 version for at least five years with all updates that appear during this period. This includes security and feature updates.